THE 3 SCOPES OF CARBON EMISSIONS
- Omaya Ahmad Sustainability Policy Consultant, Arizona Public Services
- Jeremy Adelman Electric Vehicles & Emerging Technologies, Austin Energy
- Angel Lance CEO of Motive Power, Founder of NPUC
- Dylan Lockwood Senior Editor, Zpryme
- Our goal is to share useful information among utilities to help further their decarbonization goals and prepare for federal regulation requirements
- Grow a compendium of knowledge to share across the nation’s utilities via a series of “round tables”called the National Utility Council
- Quarterly? Monthly? Round table? Conference?
- We would love to see growing utility representation
- Roundtables will not be digitally recorded for open collaboration purposes
- Lessons Learned From the Survey and Each Other: What’s working, and what’s not?
- Go through results
- What the next survey should look like?
- What do you want to learn? What would be useful for you in our information gathering going forward?
- It’s not just sharing information, it’s creating information. What are utilities doing for each other and what aren’t they?
- Education of the 3 Scopes
- Initial education: how do we incorporate these scopes into the popular decarbonization lexicon?
- Continued education: what is the next steps with this information, what more do we need to learn about decarbonization strategy?
- What’s actionable? How do we turn lessons into action?
- Discussion of Federal Regulation: Preparation and strategy
- Ex: New arctic drilling regulations are crazy bad
- Get a sense for the lay of the land in terms of where utilities are and what their progress is “sleight-of-hand project management”