Duration: Full-Time Hire
Location: Sacramento and San Francisco Bay Area
Associate – Utilities, Construction, Health & Life Sciences, and Technology
Responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- Work closely stakeholders to ensure project financial data is complete and supports project completion to plan
- Develop and maintain project budgets, forecasts, cost plans, and other financial information
- Analyze project financial trends by comparing budget against actual and forecast data; provide recommendations and guidance to the Project Manager
- Attend and participate in project status meetings
- Maintain project documentation, including project budgets, forecasts, stakeholder communications
- Manage information and data within various software and databases
- Lead, manage, and mentor to less-experienced team members
- Build a professional network with clients to identify business opportunities.
- Acquire and maintain relevant certifications to be seen as a thought leader within the industries.
- Knowledge of project management methodologies with superior analytical skills
- Highly collaborative across varying teams and leadership levels
- Proven ability in managing time to meet goals and commitments
- Strong ability to build a personal network and identify business opportunities
- Advanced analytics and data manipulation skills in MS Excel
- Demonstrated success working in a fast-paced, project-centric environment
- Experience developing or improving business processes and systems
- Strong organizational, critical thinking, and analytical skills
- Ability to facilitate meetings including preparation of agendas, presentations, meeting minutes, action items, and other meeting documentation
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- 2-4years’ relevant work experience in project management consulting, or equivalent experience in the technology, utility, and/or health care industries
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, engineering, economics, or related field
- Relevant industry certifications
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project, or other scheduling software including use of dependencies, cost loading, resource loading, resource leveling
- Experience performing budgeting, cost management, planning, estimating, scheduling and other project controls functions over engineering, procurement, and construction for large capital construction projects.
- Experience in financial analysis, schedule analysis, modeling and budgeting methodologies
- Experience developing, enhancing, and implementing processes and tools
- Experience with SAP
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
- Six Sigma Certification
ABOUT MOTIVE POWER
Motive Power is a proven and trusted boutique consulting firm providing an innovative approach to management consulting. With the Corporate office located in San Francisco, California, Motive Power is continually expanding to make an even greater impact on the world of project management. Motive Power is looking for enthusiastic, high-energy individuals with a passion for consulting and the project management discipline who want to make an impact in this growing industry. Our employees enjoy the opportunity to work for Fortune 500 Clients and alongside many of the top consulting firms in the world.
As you would expect from a company revolutionizing consulting for the project management discipline, Motive Power provides a fast-paced, start-up environment where creativity, ambition, and excellence are encouraged and rewarded.